Minutes for RSB Board Meeting November 20, 2021 — DRAFT
Present: Viorica Comaniciu, Robert Mays, Kathleen Wright, Kelly DiPietro
Approve minutes of September 18, 2021 meeting: Kathleen moves to approve. Viorica seconds. Approved unanimously.
Treasurer’s Report (Robert): Reviewed budget and expenses. We lost about $170.00 on the Technology Conference so we do not have surplus to pay for other things.
- To Do: Kelly and Robert will check for better CD/Money Market rates for our savings account.
Website Report (Robert): Website is subject to possible hacking creating instability of function. Robert and Jim Stewart are working on it.
- Done: Robert to send out another notice regarding listserv to members who haven’t signed up. There are now 73 members on the Listserv.
Festivals and Events (Kathleen):
- Review of ASA AGM: Great Conference. Poorly attended in person in Chapel Hill at the Mayses. Michaela Gloeckler (Dornach) gave a wonderful keynote. Good that we didn’t pay for a venue.
- Review of Technology Workshop (Kathleen and Robert): Great conference. About 12 attended in person and 7 online, everything went well. Robert was amazing with hosting and tech set up. Good that we didn’t pay for a venue.
- Review of Michaelmas: Covid restricted the attendance. It was held over 2 days, 19 attended the first day, and 14 the second. Eurythmy was beautiful but we can’t pay for Eurythmists’ practice space in the future.
Request for funds (Kathleen):
- Joanna – requests funds for Advent- will be held in community members’ homes. We can’t pay for a venue.
- Ben Bingham – request for First Class venue- we can’t pay for a venue for the class. Class will raise its own funds or will meet for free in Judy’s house.
- Friends of Christina Beck suggest help from Heart Fund: We have a fund especially to help community members. The Board agreed to send Christina $375.00 to her GoFundMe account from our Heart Fund.
To Do: Robert will send funds from the Heart Fund to Christina’s GoFundMe fund.
Events in 2022:
- Mystery Drama Workshop Update: Will be held on 4/1-4/3 with Barbara Renold. Details decided in September Board meeting.
- Branch Meeting in January – Jenny Bingham will talk about her Anthroposophical Psychology Training; Branch discussion about finances and events.
- Shall we raise dues, charge for more events, or encourage everything to be in members’ homes?
- Possible venue- Cedar Ridge Camp and Retreat Center, the weekend of 1/29-1/30
Discussion of the stipends and our Finances in general: The Board agreed on from a few years ago. Are they still appropriate amounts?
- Festivals: up to $300 per major festival; a cost more than that needs to be decided on by the Board.
- Minor festivals: should happen at members’ homes and not cost anything.
- Branch meetings: cost of the venue, which preferably would be at a member’s home. For the presenter: $60. One presenter per meeting.
- Events (guest speakers and artistic performances): each case needs to be decided individually.
Discuss next time: Discuss expenses we used to do before COVID including:
- Scholarships for members to attend workshops,
- Donations to the Prison Outreach
- Annual gift to EWS
- Annual gift to the RSB Library
Question: What has become of our lectern? Do we wish to move it to store elsewhere? It’s still at Emerson Waldorf School, not being used.
To Do: Viorica will put a label on the lectern at EWS with our name on it.
Initiatives and daughter movements in the area
- Emerson Waldorf School (Viorica): Enrollment 272 students. Faculty starting to meet in person again! Class will be inside sometimes for the colder weather.
- Christian Community (Kathleen): Priest visits this year include: September 18-19, 2012, November 6-7, January 29-30, March 26-27 and May 29-30.
- Biodynamics Group: Continues to meet for stir and sprays at appropriate times for each Preparation.
- Study Groups: Joanna’s Reading to the Dead study group.
Set date of Next Board Meeting: Saturday, January 15 at 10:30 at Robert’s house or at school in the 8th grade classroom?