Minutes for RSB Board Meeting March 28, 2021
Present: Robert Mays, Viorica Comaniciu, Kathleen Wright, Kelly DiPietro
Recording Secretary: Robert
Approve minutes: MOTION by Kathleen to approve minutes of the January 16, 2021 meeting: second Viorica, unanimous
Treasurer’s Report: not needed at this time. Report on membership: there are now 27 members signed up for 2021.
Review of yesterday’s AGM: The AGM was well attended; it was good to connect with others; we had several good discussions among the attendees. Kathleen Wright and Kelly DiPietro were re-elected/elected to the Board.
Reading of two sections of the By-laws: Introductory page and duties of the officers; Kathleen spoke a little about the Board, its history, what we do, and some expectations of Board members. Question: Would it be helpful to read a little each time? Would anyone be interested in us doing a 15-minute Study each time we meet?
Discussion and decisions about who will take what offices this year. Robert – Treasurer, Kathleen – President, Viorica – Liaison to EWS, Kelly DiPietro – Secretary
- TO DO (Kathleen): add to next agenda: discuss inviting particular people to join the Board; also about the Listservs (have a member email list?)
Board Related: Proposal by Kathleen to purchase copies of The Handbook for Groups and Branches.
- TO DO (Kathleen): make copies of the Handbook for Groups and Branches, to be reimbursed by RSB
Our Website (Robert):
- We need to set up the RSB-NC books on QuickBooks, but I need to buy a version that can be shared online — QB Online. I am trying to buy a version for nonprofits through TechSoup. The cost will be $75/year.
- We also may need to pay for some software for the website to get it fully functional. Right now, I believe it will be $49/year. This is we need to have to make the PayPal forms work correctly.
- The Listservs may need to be switched over soon. Jim Stewart and I are working on this.
- MOTION: by Kathleen to approve the two purchases for QB Online and theNinja tool. Seconded: Kelly D, passed unanimously.
- TO DO (Robert): Set up QB Online; install Ninja tool add-on; switch over Arrange to make this payment with Joanna Carey.
Festivals and Events:
- Discuss request from Joanna Carey for rental of the EcoHeal Center for Holy Week gatherings. Make decision; Treasurer will send her a check.
- MOTION: by Kathleen to approve Joanne Carey’s request for $150 to Dani Mouawad for EcoHeal for Holy Week. Seconded Kelly D. unanimous
- TO DO (Robert): Arrange to make this payment with Joanna Carey.
Projects/Events for the upcoming year:
- Discuss what we would like to take on based on suggestions form the AGM yesterday and ideas we were planning on doing last year before the pandemic hit. Just listing them at this time; next meeting we will have discussions and planning.
- TO DO: (Kathleen): Add to next agenda – take up in the next meeting: projects/events.
Initiatives and Daughter Movements in our Community:
- No reports today as we just had annual reports yesterday
- Christian Community
Take pictures for the website.
Next Board Meeting: Date/Time/Venue – May 22 (Saturday, 2 PM–3:30 PM), venue TBD (Viorica)